Sunday, September 13, 2020

Brown Furnature


 I know brown furniture is no longer loved by many people but I still  love it. This is a picture of my Aunt Estelle's china in my daughters china cabinet a few years ago, I remember when my Uncle took me shopping with him to a jewelry store downtown to buy it for her Christmas present. They both loved flowers and their yard always was blooming with every type of flower imaginable. That was over 60 years ago, We chose this pattern because she loved roses so much. I think the wooden china cabinet shows off the china beautifully.



 I purchased  this antique drop leaf table a few years ago at auction, it was a steal and I can't even tell you how much I love it. It's pegged together and just has a lovely wide board top with a large drop that can be opened on each side when a larger table is need. It's a beautiful primitive  piece that is so functional and works perfectly for what I need.

Last year I bought a huge Empire Chest and a red blanket chest and a school masters desk. I haven't been able to get them arranged to photograph due to my health issues but I I'm hoping to be able to get that done soon.  I can't move furniture around right now but hopefully that will change soon. I love my primitives and I think my love for old dark pieces will continue.   

.   Please stay safe and enjoy the autumn. it's a beautiful time of the year. 

3 comments:

  1. How special that your daughter has your aunt's china. She and your uncle would love that I'm certain. And I love your drop leaf table!! I have my great aunt's....It is not like yours as mine is long and narrow, but it has the two sides that can flip up. I have it in the center of my small-ish kitchen and it really comes in handy when baking, etc. Sorry to hear you're experiencing health problems...hope they resolve soon....Can't wait to see your new chests and desk!! Sunday Blessings ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few brown pieces, but mostly blue and that is even going out of style. White shades are in now. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliment on my mache' pumpkin and mats. You are a no-reply blogger so couldn't email you. And looked for your email address by clicking your name leading me here and still don't see an email address. But thanks.

    On another note, I have an antique school master's desk and several other antiques but no longer buy them as it is time for me to get rid of items not buy more.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...