Monday, June 21, 2021

Summertime is Here in Eastern NC


I really can't complain as we had  lovely cool weather last week. This week the heat and humidity came back in true form so I'm staying in and  staying cool. I wanted to share a couple of things I found out treasure hunting a couple of weeks ago. The picture above is a huge old cotton basket. It has a small repair on one side but that's OK I love a good mended make do any time.

This is a walnut drop leaf table with 16" wide boards. Now I really don't need another drop leaf table (can you have too many?} I absolutely love the feet on this table and I bought it for a song. I also bought another huge very old gathering basket and some amber apothecary bottles  and an old wooden box that has Cape Cod cranberries stenciled on the side. I didn't get pictures of those but I will post them next time.  I hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying the summer and the sweet freedom that we have once again.

Take care!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you scored! I love baskets and have a few myself. Happy Summer yo you. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. great basket! I am not complaining it is hot today but we have had lovely fall like weather here and back to it tomorrow.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds!! You are so right...the feet on that table are wonderful! And what's not to love about a good, old, basket who has earned its keep and shown its worth?? I wonder how many hands it served. I hope you share photos of your other finds with us as well. First day of summer here and I am freezing...down to 40º tonight and we did not even get to 60º today...with cruel winds that made it seem even colder. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Thank you for nice information
    Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...