Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Short Sunday Post

These were a steal at a sale several months ago, I couldn't find a place for them and then Friday I realized that they would fit perfectly on that little odd wall as you come into the living room. I twined a few berries around them and really liked the look.
Just a quick post and a few pictures. I've just not been feeling well the last couple of days, not sick, just tired and sort of overwhelmed at everything that I need to get done. Oh well at least it's feeling like autumn and I've been waiting for autumn.Sugar wasn't even getting in the mood. I gave her this cute little ball that lights up and flashes color but she was napping and not in the least interested.



Now to share a couple of neat things that I've found. This picture was at a thrift store that I visited a couple of weeks ago. It has a neat wood frame but I took it out to scan it and the scan just didn't work so I took a picture of the picture. I just love this. I did just a touch of decorating to the mantle, I have several boxes of autumn decorations waiting for me to unpack but not today.



Can you believe I found this old frame at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago for $3.00, I also got a plate rack, spoon rack and a needlepoint screen that I'll post pictures of later. It was a great sale.



Hope everyone is having a safe, happy weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Constance ~~ Glad to hear you are getting a little fall...same here in CT, a beautiful day for the opening of football season. :-) You got some great finds, at good prices, love your fall display on your mantel, and that photo of Mother and child.
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Constance...you have some great finds there! Love those pictures you found and how you've hung them on the wall. And love that old photo of the mom sewing her son's britches! What a hoot! Hope you get to feeling better! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better today.
    Love the mantle rich in colour and that picture of the young child is hauntingly beautiful.
    Perhaps Sugar was more interested in napping and then finding a real mouse to play with. Eeek!
    Have a pleasant week.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...