Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Autumn where are you?


A week ago I was asking this question as the days were so hot and humid. It seemed that summer was never ending.  BUT to my surprise it did end; the only problem being that it seemed to skip Autumn all together and go straight to winter.
This time of year I am all a twitter about getting the Autumn and Halloween decorations out and in place but this year there has been little decorating done at all. I started early getting  things together and even added  a wicker love seat to the porch with beautiful autumn cushions and a few pumpkins came out but it all had to go right back in because of the hurricane. So it took days to load everything inside to safety and we were extremely blessed that we only got some light rain and barely any wind at all, Other areas of N.C. were devastated and so I am feeling very blessed. However I no more than started the whole decorating the porch again thing; when another hurricane decided to fly by so I pretty much have given up on the normal autumn decorating bit. Instead I am going to do only a few things and move on to Christmas.       

                                                                           


The weather went from hot and muggy to cold so fast and I am hoping we will at least get a bit of an Indian Summer but there's nothing in sight but chilly days and cold evenings so we may not even get the lovely fall colors this year. 


I really don't mean to complain but I do love my autumn and I am missing the decorations. That doesn't keep me from enjoying the comforts of home and the cozy evenings warming by the hearth. 
That reminds me I have neglected my blog and my writing and I have some wondefulr things that I want to share with you so I will be back soon.          

Blessed Be   

1 comment:

  1. I did not take much out of the attic this year for Halloween. Hope you Christmas is better than your Autumn is thus far. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...