Sunday, July 16, 2017

It s Not Even Mid Summer

 Hello  
Happy Sunday !  I've been wanting to get back to blogging for the longest time. I apologize for being away so long but in January I started back to work full time and needless to say I am still trying to get used to being gone eight hours a day five days a week.  Anyway I'm determined to start back bringing the things that I love into my life and blogging is one of them.

The beautiful ladies in the picture above are my oldest daughter Lisa, with my two Grand Daughters, Kasey and Megan.  About a month ago we enjoyed the 301 Endless Yard Sale here in N.C. It's like visiting a huge fair-festival that goes on and on.      



 I recently started finding some cute as pie vintage dolls and wanted to share a few of them with you. I wish I had taken a better picture of this little girl that was searching for a new homes at the 301 sale. You guessed it she lives with me know and I will get a better picture of the chair she is sitting in. It;s very old and I still love my primitives.




If you can imagine in two days I traveled over 100 miles through yard sales, estate sales, antique sales and flea markets. Needless to say I will be making several posts to share pictures.
 Belle was very happy to see me arrive home and we all took a very nice nap that Saturday. I had taken a vacation day from work so I could get an early start on Friday and boy was I worn out.

Here are a few of my other dolls. I love the China head dolls, these two are from the 1980's as I think the little girl in the chair is.  This little lady below may be a bit older, she's hand made I think she would be called a stump doll. She wears a lovely red petticoat and I adore the way she looks at you from the corners of her eyes as if she's about to tell you a very important secret.

 This little lady below I picked up at a yard sale yesterday.  I think she is precious and I believe she is from the 1950's.





I also found this lovely painting yesterday. Lisa and the girls have a King Charles Spaniel named Jasper that also attended the  301 sales with us and he is precious. When I saw this beauty I knew where it needed to be.
 I hope it's cool and comfortable in your neck of the woods. It has been sweltering here. The heat index has been in the triple digits here all week.   I must be off to finish laundry and yes all of the dolls need their clothing cleaned too. We have the promise of a cooler day tomorrow and the heat sets in for another week but that's OK Autumn is coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...