Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Beautiful Days Sweet Memories

The weather here has been so beautiful. Cool,sunny dry with a crisp hint of autumn. This is a favorite quilt from my collection. I found it at an estate sale a few years ago. My family knew the lady that had lived in the house in the old Mill Village, she had many beautiful things and I feel so honored to be able to care for a few of those things now and to make sure that they will be passed along through more generations of my own family. I love the simplicity and the honesty of the quilt. My own stepfather grew up in the Mill Village. I know that a quilt such as this would have brought so much warmth and comfort to those hard working people. Yes,it is simple and honest and beautiful like the precious  folk that lived and thrived for generations just off the banks of the Tar. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Constance
    The quilt is fantastic and how wonderful you were able to purchase some treasures from that estate.
    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I love to collect things locally when I can find them but as time passes I realize just how much of our local history is gone. I hope you are well. Take care,

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...