Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year


Hello Everyone; I hope you are having a beautiful and pleasant New Years Day.  The picture above is the scene that I awoke to find last Sunday morning. We almost had a white Christmas but it was beautiful to have it the day after and since we never have a white Christmas here I was so excited to see it!      



Today it has been in the low 60's and I have to admit I was very happy to enjoy the warm up. We took a little drive up to Weldon NC to visit the Riverside Mill antique mall. It is just amazing and so great to have such a shop just a short drive away. The mall is inside a restored mill; I can't think of a better way to bring life back to our local economy than by bringing back to life the old buildings that have so much character and history. The mall features arts and crafts as well as antiques and they are also going to have antiques auctions as well. I forgot to take my camera but I'll be sure to take it on my next visit and you can be sure there will be many more visits to come.





So now it's time to put away the glitz and glitter and focus on the new year and get back to my primitive side. I do afford myself the beautiful sparkling decorations at Christmas but mostly I prefer the handmade, make-do primitive style for the rest of the year and while I am looking forward to spring and summer I'm already thinking about autumn, my favorite season. I've been trying to change the look of my blog, a while back I changed to the new template designer and tried to change back but when I did I could no longer get a layout tab. I lost everything in my sidebar except my profile. Well tonight I went back to the new template designer and thankfully I was able to get my sidebar back but I'm not happy with this design. Anyway; I'll be working on this and also I will be adding some new things soon.

If you get the chance visit the website for the Riverside Mill at www.riversidemill.net and better yet if you are in the area stop in you won't be disappointed.

Happy New Year
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...