Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Cabin Of My Own a Memory Forever

I am a collector of little houses, most of which are really little houses and fit snuggly tucked on a shelf somewhere and I'm fond of them because it was a treat to search for them and so they bring about a nice memory.


 This is a huge cabin with a huge, warm, bittersweet memory that I will treasure as long as I live as will my daughter when it is passed to her. One of my child hood friends lived next door to me here. We played together when we were kids and when we were in our 20's we dated for quite awhile. We always remained friends and we always loved each other.  George was my friend, my love, many, times my protector and always he could make me smile. He was a carpenter and a cabinet maker by trade and he made this cabin. 
In the last few years George developed some health issues but always he would have a smile on his face and a spring in his step. He was going to spend Thanksgiving with us but sadly and too too suddenly he passed from us early in November 2010. His father still lives in the house next door and he was ever so kind as to gift me with this precious cabin. He told me that George would want only me to have it and I cannot tell you how precious this is to me. I am so honored to have this and to have always the memory of a friend for life and a love that began in childhood and will live long after we are both gone. 

Bright Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, now I love George and don't even know him. How sad for all who knew him that he suddenly left our dimension.

    What a sweet gesture for his dad to gift you the cabin and to know that George truly would have wanted you to have it.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...