Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Ramplings

                                                                                 

First of all I hope everyone had a wonderful and warm Valentines Day! I've been slow on posting lately as I have been under the weather but I am feeling much better and hopeful that I can get back to the things I love; which are home, family ( including my furry brats) decorating and crafting. Needless to say I'm way behind but I work good under pressure and I'm looking forward to getting back on track soon.

I didn't do any decorating for Valentines Day since I'd been in bed for more than a week and I can tell you I was feeling pretty bad that day. I did have a wonderful surprize when Mr. K showed up not only with a beautiful long stemmed red rose (my favorite) and the sweetest card but he also presented it to me arranged in one of my favorite old jars. His thoughtfulness was healing in itself, not to mention his hard work taking care of the litter boxes and helping with house cleaning. I am so lucky to have him.


I have been puttering around the house today trying to figure out where to get started. I did do a little bit of work on a fractur type drawing that I started just before I got sick and also I began going through some things that I have had packed away for a while. That got me to thinking about the many changes that happen in one's lifetime and how sweet the memories are so I'm posting a few pictures of some of my favorite things.

  

This is an old door that Brother and a friend of his brought to us in early summer last year.After brother passed away it sort of got stored away and put on hold. Mr. K has been secretly working on it last week . He's scraped away several layers of old paint. He brought it around to the window this morning so I could see it. This was another sweet surprize. I love they way the old wood and robin's egg blue is showing through the old chippy white.  



I unpacked this little pink wool childs quilt this morning. It is a favorite of mine and it will work great with the primitive spring decorating that I hope to do.



Just before I got sick I found these placemats along with some vintage tablecloths at the GW. They brought back memories of living in the country and raising chickens. I would love to be in the country again.



Now it's time to start thinking of warm spring days; let me tell you I am ready for them.



I hope to get all of my linens out and laundered and and glowing in the warm sunshine soon. There is nothing like the beauty and scent of freshly laundered linens. I would decorate my entire house with them except that my furry brats love them too so I have to find special places to display them. 
Enouugh of my ramblings for today. I do plan to be getting this blog geared back toward crafting and decorating this year. Mr. K has been reading your posts to me each evening and doing his best to describe your pictures. I think he's starting to like blogging! Yet another very kind deed he has done for me while I was sick. Now I'm off to help him with the housework. I wish everyone a happy, healthy, wonderful week!                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...