Saturday, May 16, 2009

This Little Old Book







I've been so busy the past few weeks and a bit under the weather too so I've gotten behind on everything including my blog. I have found some really sweet treasures and I promise I will post some pictures in a few days. But for today this is a little book I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's a very old leather bound volume of poetry by Robert Burns. As you can see there are some water stains and damage to the leather but all of the pages are intact and it even has a charming little book mark that is actually a clip. I love Robert Burns and I wish I knew more about this enchanting little volume but there is no copyright date at all. I'm going to do some research to see if there is a way to clean up the leather and add some moisture to it. Still it is a treasure to me. I have so much painting, sewing, mending, not to mention "cleaning" and we are working a full schedule at the office these days so it's off to do some catching up tonight. I do take time each day to pop in and glance at my favorites list. It's makes my work day lighter.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...