Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy rainy cloudy cool Monday


Hi, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday. I can't say that it has been the brightest day here
but it has been a good day if a gloomy one. We have had so much rain this year and today has been downright cold. It's not at all what you would expect for June
in Eastern N.C.



Last Friday was my last day of work!!!  I have finally decided to retire and it wasn't an easy decision as I have some wonderful coworkers that seem more like family than friends and I will miss them terribly. They surprised me with these beautiful flowers and it was very hard to say good bye but we will stay in touch and visit from time to time.

I'm very anxious to get back to my first love which is antiques. I have some beautiful things to post about that I've never shared because working forty hours a week and antiquing on the week end just didn't allow time.  I'm also opening my shop again and I will keep you posted on that. I picked up the afgans shown above this weekend, I don't usually buy afghans but these were so lovely and summery I just couldn't pass them by.  

I really love the one above with the beautiful raised flowers. In the old house I had the upstairs landing that was my own private little retreat. It was a nice size landing with a connecting hallway. At the top of the landing there were two floor to ceiling windows, I had two shaker rocking chairs in front of those widows and I loved to sit there and look out at the little town below. The view was amazing and on a chilly day I would keep an afghan near by for my lap. I really miss that house and that space. I loved sharing it; with my friends, family and the kitties and always the ghost lady that always smelled of lavender and would often join us in our retreat, especially when it was just me and my grandson; all though she visited when we had company too,  I guess she loved the view as much as we did and I like to think she is still there and still welcome to visit. We are expecting rain for the next  three days but I have lots of inside chores to do and I'm looking forward to getting those finished and getting my shop opened. I hope you all have a very pleasant week and I will see you soon.

Take care !     

2 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations on the retirement! And wishing you the very best with your new adventures. Looking forward to seeing more of your treasures! Your landing in your old house sounds wonderful. I can just imagine the space. Yes, it's been unseasonably cold here as well. We are supposed to start warming up starting tomorrow...but then strong storms starting Thursday and continuing until next week. Our summers are so short the way it is...I feel so cheated. :-( ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy retirement! Beautiful afghans. Every year I crocheted one for someone in my family. Loved hearing about your ghost lady. We have a few ghosts in our antique store. Have caught them on our cameras. They do not bother us. Hope no bad storms for you. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...