Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Seasons



This has been one busy and long summer. I'm anxious for Autumn to arrive. 

Today I'm taking a few moments to share some things I love.  






Old crocks, jars and lighting. Things so simple yet so necessary in times past.





My white ironstone collection, simple white dishes of every sort that were used for generations by other families and have now been used for years at our Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners. 




                                                                           History, old cemeteries and old houses. Each memory and place with a spirit attached to keep the past living in colorful thoughts and tales. 




Pictures of my fur baby Imma Bivis, my friend and my baby for 17 years. I miss her still.  


The colors of Autumn and harvest. Sweet cool memories on a hot humid day late in Summer. 


 My hearth, sweet with memories and whispering stories from long ago.

 Pumpkins and gourds in every shape and color. They are friends and a welcomed site at the end of a long hot summer.


The rustle of leaves and the squirrels that rattle about filling their nests with acorns to keep them through the winter to come.  




Witches to fly about and cats to peek in through the key holes on frosty autumn evenings. 





Old wooden boxes to stash paper treasures.  


                                                                        And yellow ware, beautiful yellow and orange bowls and even some in pumpkin arranged and waiting for the cool nesting days to come. A few of my blessings.

Blessed Be Friends, 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Constance! I think we may be on about the same blogging schedule! Haha! The time just gets filled with so many other delightful things. The spirit of your lovely home comes through in your post. We share the same appreciation for old things and old ways. Good thing we can have at least some of them. Thanks so much for your kind words. J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, I rally miss blogging but tje older I get the shorter the days get. Take care

      Constance

      Delete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...