Monday, January 23, 2012

Early American Life A Little Help From a Friend

I must admit that I am a hoarder when it comes to my favorite decorating and craft magazines; I keep every copy and refer to them often for tips and inspiration. Early American Life has long been a favorite and this issue from  couple of years back sure came in handy yesterday. 

I was finally ready to get the rope bed I purchased several years ago out of storage  and tackle the job or should I say joy of getting her set up. I had a rope bed and trundle when I lived in my old house but that was quite a while ago.

Early American Life not only had a wonderful article on rope beds but great instructions with pictures.

Before I knew it, there she was; all roped and made up with vintage textiles from my collection.

And Little Bear too. I have no idea where he came from; he's been around for years. When I was decorating one day in the old house he just appeared. He was sitting in a corner all dusty and dirty. I cleaned him up and decided he must stay. Now we know the old house was haunted (that's a story for another time) but I can always remember things what I buy and I've never known how he just came to show up that day. 

He's quite happy here on linens from Grandmother's hope chest. She did the crochet on this sheet in the 1890's.

I also used the backing from an old quilt that I had. The colors don't show very well but it is soft green striped cotton that has faded to muted shades of green and brown.
 
This room is starting to come together; but I still have a long way to go. 

Some things I'm putting together for the spinning corner.
Thank you EAL!

I'll be back later this week with some pictures I took on Sat. at the Riverside Mill Antiques and Art Market.
Have  a wonderful week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...