Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Welcome Spring


I am very pleased to know that today is the first day of spring. It doesn't feel at all like spring here; it is COLD and very damp and misty, There's something strange and fascinating about it. I'm accustomed to warm damp days or bright sunny warm days for the first of day spring but today it seems as if there is some important message that I may be receiving or some happening that I should be preparing for. It's almost more like a shadow that may appear suddenly and unexpectedly from a dark corner than the sweet, gentle arrival of Spring.

So I'm sharing some pictures that I think are lovely and I hope this will brighten the day.
After all this is the time for new beginnings and pink, green, lavender and yellow.
The picture above is one I shared a few years ago; it was my center piece for St. Patrick's day that year.
   I am ready for pink and yellow and all of the beauties of spring.
And for days of hanging linens from my collection on the line to dry and ironing them so crisp and beautiful.

 Yes I am ready for spring but for tonight I will sit by the hearth and let the last embers of winter warm my soul and comfort my dreams.

3 comments:

  1. Even though it is now spring it is still very much winter here but the earth is beginning to warm and slow progress is being made on the mounds of snow. Love your pictures of spring - they were perfect to brighten a chilly day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess to having a weakness for linens and dishes. LOL Fireplaces too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply love your linens and those dishes...
    Your fireplace evokes times of nesting, although now spring, and soon we'll be in the midst of hot summer days.
    Hope you are keeping well !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Blessed Soltice

As we welcome the coming of new light let us spend time reflecting on the days and loved ones past. Remember that we are a part of what life...